Monday, February 21, 2011

Bald Eagle having a snack

February 5, 2011
I was bound and bent that I was going out on this day. When I woke up in the morning, the temperature was -18 Celsius with a windchill of -25. I waited a couple of hours - got up to -15 so I decided that I just had to go - it wasn't going to improve! I bundled myself up, got on the bike and went for a ride. Am I ever glad I did!
As I was walking the bike through one section that it is impossible to ride on, I looked down at the river and saw something.....


yep, the juvenile bald eagle eating something on the ice. I retreated to get my gear ready and slow myself down. He initially flew away when I approached,


Then I guess he decided I was no threat so he came back!

And landed again...



Until he finally decided to leave!


What a great day that was!

I continued on my ride, and then came back to the Forks of the Thames where I saw the ice on the fountain there and thought that was pretty neat,


And the sun was still shining...



Just about to call it a day, then someone had to come around to say Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment